Wednesday, August 01, 2007

bad news for people who like good news

Thanks Modest Mouse. First up publicity stunt poster:

NYC SHOOT OUT for FREEDOM

Yesterday the story about the NYC public photography and filming permits was picked up by Associated Press and jiggled its way out to 100+ newspapers all over the country and then some. So thanks to all the people who listened to me ranting and started ranting themselves. If you live in NYC area and have a camera and some spare time at lunch today, August 2nd. Go to Union Square and join the shoot out. 11.30am-2pm I really wish I could be there.

Next up my personal publicity antics:

Muse Gallery in Philadelphia is presenting the national WORDS Exhibition for the month of August, featuring paintings, prints and sculpture. Juried by members of Muse Gallery, the WORDS show is on the theme of words as pure graphic patterns that communicate meaning in sound/thought and shape.

52 North 2nd Street (between Market and Arch) Philadelphia.

Exhibition dates: Aug 1, 2007 - Aug 28, 2007

Reception date(s): There will be a First Friday reception
August 3, from 5 to 8 PM
•• THAT IS TOMORROW NIGHT ••

unspoken
unspoken © Laura Kicey

I have a piece in the show! Come on out and sweat with me....and ponder what a sound/thought is!


In other news yesterday was titanically bad in all a of sundry ways. As some devoted readers may know, I've been dealing with an Ow since mid-February. Well as fate every two weeks would have it, I went to the doctor. Again. The one I hate. Its been a over a month since my surgery. Which is my third procedure now for the same thing. I never healed from any of them completely.

So upon visiting doc, he checks things out and says that he would understand if after 6 months now and three chances to make this better I was losing faith in him and would like to talk to another doctor. He said if I wanted him to keep treating me that was ok, but he said that in the last surgery he thought he had removed too much and 'overtreated' but, in fact, had not gotten enough and 'undertreated' me. So at this juncture he would recommend, yes another surgery.

So basically, he wanted me to give up on him and he had given up on me. He can't and hasn't and didn't fix me. Admitted defeat and suavely is asking me to get out of his hair. Laughs and says yeah I just treated another patient a couple of weeks ago for something very similar and she totally healed up, no sign of incision. That makes me feel like PEACHES BITCH.

(this next paragraph may be TMI for some)

So he says he'll give a call to his doctor buddy who is a gyno-oncologist. Don't let this make your hair turn gray, I don't have cancer. The guy is more surgically inclined, thus his word is evidently golden. Dr. G-O says I should get a pelvic MRI to map out all of my feminine mysteries and I should go be re-surgelled by another doctor instead, cos I am not cancerous. A urogynecologist. Whatever that is. Oh ok. That sounds seriously foul and I don't actually have those problems. So I meet with Dr. U-G in a 3 weeks, MRI, and continue to soak in the gaddam bath in the meantime... and wonder why my body doesn't want to heal very much.

Because I have not been shooting, instead sulking and prepping for a meeting I have with the coordinator of the spanky new Yo! Darkroom and Gallery next week, who might want to show my work, I will post another piece of visual information which I designed last night while printing my portfolio for said meeting. If you live near Willits, CA or San Fran and you like dancing and nature, well lucky you. I've got just the thing for you.

CAMP KUNST STOFF poster
photos © Andrew Mogg

Of course there was some other unfun shit that colored the day babypuke brown which involved getting cursed by clients for things beyond my control and having to make calls on project disasters that were not my fault and being made to work at work when I was scheduled to be doing other things. But I found my lost debit card. And I have a fabulous photo portfolio. This must count for something.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger addie said...

christ! what a disaster. i guess this is maybe to late to help you, but i can recommend my gyno-oncologist if you need to switch again. i seem to be all better now.

10:53 AM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger helveticaneue said...

oh honey, I am SO glad your bizness went smoothly. is your man, a doctor randall? cos if it is he is the one who passed me to the other guy, dr. guerette. I have my first meeting August 22nd, so I don't know how it will go. I'll give you the word if I feel a flop. thanks!

11:01 AM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger addie said...

no, it's a guy at upenn. name of stephen rubin. all the people working in the OR seemed to be kind of in awe of him, and had lots of good things to say about his skills.

ps: the secret word i have to type in to post this is "emoleg."

2:23 PM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger helveticaneue said...

emoleg made me choke on my lentils. thanks for the info!

2:27 PM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Emoleg. Tastes like chicken.
My word is rujjkf.
Bitches.

Love you, Laura Kicey.
Here if you need me.

5:29 PM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger helveticaneue said...

sad, sad dark meat of chicken. knowing the loves are there lifts me, m'lady.

7:37 PM, August 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home