Tuesday, June 19, 2007

O-neg

As is the custom every June, my friends from collegiate days of yore celebrate their June-ish birthdays with a massive, themed, gore-bathed bash. It is known as Camp Naked Terror and this year, the theme was circus camp (of the undead). So you had to come dressed as a circus character who died an awful death. Some of my favorite costumes included the following:

Heather, the knife thrower's daring assistant who met death on the job.

heather the knife thrower's assistant
heather the knife thrower's assistant © Laura Kicey

Jason, the human cannonball whose flight made an untimely end by way of hitting a wall.

stinkeye stan
stinkeye stan © Laura Kicey

Mr. D, who was a lion tamer that was decapitated by the lion.

lion sleeps tonight
lion sleeps tonight © Laura Kicey

Rae, the sword swallower who took a wrong turn around the tonsils.

rae sword swallower
rae sword swallower © Laura Kicey

Eleanor, the cute sideshow faun girl who didn't seem to die at all. She also happens to be one of my favorite artists, and if I had more wall in my house I would have more than just the three prints up in the living room. Some things she has designed are also available through Keds and Urban Outfitters.

fauna
fauna © Laura Kicey

Embarrasingly, there was another bearded lady at the party, other than myself. But we got along just fine.

cordelia the bearded lady
cordelia the bearded lady © Laura Kicey

tanya the bearded lady
tanya the bearded lady © Laura Kicey

The event, as always was a pleasure, filled with dancing, bleeding, copious photographing and creative networking.

gristle
gristle © Laura Kicey

I finished Sunday with some driveby shooting in the worst of Philly's northern ghetto. Daniel and I took a drive up and down American Street, studying the anonymous fortresses of illegal drug distribution in the unpopulated wasteland.

trade
trade © Laura Kicey

How a place called C+C Poultry that can't possibly house one chicken can continue on 'with business' as the cops drive by numerous times an hour is quite beyond me.

This coming weekend is the opening which I have been going on and on about. While it will be too remote for most of my local readers to attend, anyone who lives out around Harrisburg, NO EXCUSES!


It will be at
Elizabeth Anne Interiors & Gallery
204 Third Street
New Cumberland PA 17070
Owner: Liz Miceli 717-991-4287
Official Arist's Reception
Saturday, June 23th from 4-8pm

I believe they are having a luau opening, though I am not guaranteeing a roast pig, there should be some great food. And there is always Neato Burrito across the street.

Next Wednesday I have been scheduled for surgery, and as it is nearly impossible to put a positive twist on that, I've been trying to have as much fun and be as mobile as possible beforehand in case I don't feel like moving for a while. I am hoping to take a few hospital-ish photos and post them when I come out of my Vicodin haze.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger eshu said...

i love these pictures, i scrolled through them all yesterday...

chicken coup sans chickens...

surgery? i'll be on talking later on... actually have a teeny bit of work i've got to get done...

xoxoxo

11:27 AM, June 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home