Tuesday, May 15, 2007

compression artifacts

...

I was really sad to hear the news today about JPG Magazine. I want no part of it any longer, any organization that writes out the creative forces that started it is begging to kill the community spirit it was founded on. If they are so quick to turn their back on the founders, how fast would they screw over contributors? Divorcing themselves from the first six issues seems to be doing just that.

Derek Powazek and Heather Champ's sad story.

I am sure they will move swiftly onto better things. Good luck both of you.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger eshu said...

ditto

i'm in a weird place with JPG right now

i was working with Derek to have the project featured

just checked out the sneak peak and indeed my piece made it in

but it doesn't feel right

kisses!

3:12 PM, May 15, 2007  
Blogger helveticaneue said...

I totally understand where you are at. If I had gotten in this last issue I would be a little torn. Issue 10 is the last they have a hand in, so I wouldn't feel guilty being on the cusp if I were you.

huggins!!

3:24 PM, May 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home