Sunday, January 13, 2008

acknowledging the dark

tender as this
tender as this © Laura Kicey. All Rights Reserved.

The photographer needs light to carry on; without, we shoot a void. As a human being, I know there are things that exist only in the darkness, we can ignore because we cannot or do not want to see, or we can seek out so that we might know. I reached in and what I brought back with me, I can't erase it and the immense pain it comes with.

caning
caning © Laura Kicey. All Rights Reserved.

I'm sitting on some years' worth of memories, most of which came from brighter times. Whenever I open my eyes I am reminded of this. In two days time I have lost so much. It is too soon to know what I have gained. Or what I can retrieve.

dappled
dappled © Laura Kicey. All Rights Reserved.

The words are going to be slow to return here to this blog. But I can't stop the photographer in me from looking for the light. So for now, just images.

butter
butter © Laura Kicey. All Rights Reserved.

quack
quack © Laura Kicey. All Rights Reserved.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's terrible seeing you this sad, but it's also inspiring seeing that you have ambition to create things during this whole process. i think this calls for ice cream and lots of food i can't pronounce.

sending love vibes your way,
shannon (and josh and betty white and applesauce and willie nelson and cadbury and ethel funk and maudy moose!)

1:20 PM, January 13, 2008  
Blogger Ririnette said...

I am hearing you. I am also listening if you want to reach out from that dark place. Sending love and peace for your tormented little soul. Irina

6:00 PM, January 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to see you this way. I feel like an outsider extending sympathy, but your words left me with a hollow hurting and it didn't seem right to ignore your pain.
Drop me a line, maybe I can help in some small way.

9:00 AM, January 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, darlin, I'm sorry. That's all I have at the moment. :(

Well, you know we just adore you. It's really a shame, the distance that separates us from the people we like most. If you'd ever need it, we have an open door (to the house and the fridge) for you.

*lots of luvs*

7:04 PM, January 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home