Monday, February 26, 2007

turning the other cheek

It seems too much to ask, in this particular snowy winter season, for me to just get a simple cold. Having but a week ago finished my antibiotics from mystery infection number one, last night I start getting a weird ache in my wisdom-tooferless jaw. This morning the cold splash of milk washing over the teeth accompanying the morning cereal sent Rocket O' Pain shooting through my brain... and even the three minute walk to work made me shudder as my cheeks chilled outside-in.

grin and bear it
grin and bear it © Laura Kicey

Mr. Dentist gleefully announced that additional stress I may have been experiencing in the last week or so (better known as My Lump, among other things), may have caused me to grind the choppers and weaken something and cause the hyper-sensitivity. This particular culprit tooth, has a receding gum line and a little root exposure that has never much bothered me... so he resurfaced it, with the grim additional note: there is about a 20% chance that your nerve is dying and your tooth is 'going bad' (and all the cash you are forking over to resurface said tooth will be pointless when we give you a root canal next week). Oh the pleasure. Meanwhile Lump hasn't even decided whether or not to completely stop being a nuisance...

Meanwhile I am working on some other projects outside of work-work and will be releasing a new and improved design portfolio section on my website shortly. Also of note, next week is Mr. D's Big 28!! And the article/interview on moi will be coming out on LifeStyle Magazine on March 7th! Meanwhile I have barely shot anything aside from design projects (as you will see) and am getting restless and twitchy fingered.

Now I return to biting my numb tongue and fat lip....

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home