Wednesday, August 16, 2006

post script

I am so and one more thing, oh wait, one more thing this week.

postcard for art in the storefront

Level of hideousness, people with the opinions, speak! Continued bad relations with font management app leave me with Caslon, still. It wants a serif so I'm almost ok with that. Was considering white panel off to left, squaring the photo crop... babble babble. Is it ugly? this is all I want people.

I'm getting 1000 printed ultra cheapos and going around and dumping them at local businesses while batting eyelashes madly.

Oh and two more things.

another postcard

yet another postcard

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Numeros dos has my vote. But that's because I'm rather partial to that image. Yay, Caslon. It's my favorite behind Bodoni and/or a nice tight Futura. I'm looking over your press list now. I'll drop you some more names this afternoon.

9:17 AM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger helveticaneue said...

I'm so Mrs. Eaves I might have to give in and I am leaning heavily on #2 too. I considered Bodoni but dropped out of black such a nono.

Thanks for all your help D, a million times over!

9:24 AM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger waterlilysage said...

i think #2 as well. all are representive, arguably, but i think the second has a bit more of yer grit?

plus the text is good on the dark.

what what do i know, i'm a librarian.

thanks again for the prints lady!

7:09 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger helveticaneue said...

So in a violent turnaround of decisiveness, I went with a modified version of 1.

Ms. Sage, I was so embarrassed when I went to address and I didn't know your last name, complete dork. Glad they found you well anyway.

7:12 PM, August 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm late to the party; I was out of the country. I imagine you haven't gotten them printed yet, solely because you hadn't heard from me.

Yes, number two (tee hee). Caslon is perfectly suited to it and you've set it well, but be careful about letterspacing lowercase.

7:25 PM, August 20, 2006  
Blogger helveticaneue said...

YOU ARE TOO LATE SIR! I Mrs. Eavesed it! and I went with the hand! AND I already sent them to print. Plus I printed up some posters and started hadning them round. What out of the country were you in?

7:44 PM, August 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home