Thursday, August 03, 2006

cold sweats

thaw
thaw © Laura Kicey

Completely powerless to do anything but wait, I give in to the current partial-national preoocupation with the extreme heatwave. Now, going on what, four entries about this... I want to be outside breathing deep breaths, not labored shallow ones!

pointed
pointed © Laura Kicey

My friends in San Fran were rocked by a little 4.7 earthquake last night.... didn't even make the news. How often does this happen and no one talks about it? Scary.

Now, I throw snowballs in the face of the heat I can't stop from being consumed by, physically and creatively.

scales
scales © Laura Kicey

I like the color green and all; was even monkeying with the colored gels I just got last night. But nothing beats the aesthetics of snowy winter. Better than green is white... making everything stand out against it rather than compete. Hand me a scarf!

turnaround
turnaround © Laura Kicey

Enough fantasy for one afternoon. I now return you to your regularly scheduled panting and fatigue.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But what if you'd photograph the snow with the green gel?

5:00 PM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger helveticaneue said...

erm... swampy!

alas no snow to test this on.

5:05 PM, August 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winter fantasy! I was trudgeing up my way too long driveway last night with a tripod hefted on my shoulder and was reminded of being in the same spot with a snow shovel on my shoulder 8 months ago. I tried desperately to channel January and find some cooling yin/yang balance in the moment. No luck.
"Sultry, too damn sultry."

7:59 AM, August 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home