Wednesday, October 24, 2007

the agonist

Writing on Saturday, I spoke a bit too soon about how great I felt. Kept up all night the following night with a strange sensation that my tailbone was collapsing, I was told by the doctor on call that that was actually more 'normal' as to what to expect after this particular procedure. Funny, my doctor told me I would be totally comfortable. Perhaps he meant when I was taking lots of percocets rendering me unconscious.

I didn't write to whine about the pain, I probably should avoid writing altogether when I am actually taking the drugs but I had two things I wanted to share. One: thanks to everyone who stopped by and wish me well/check for a pulse, here and on facebook or wherever else you happen to stalk me. CJ, I always accept tokens of affection by way of edibles. Special thanks to Daniel for cooking me lunch when I was lonely/cranky/weepy/floppy/totally drugged up/unbathed. You're a trooper and can make miracles with my leftovers and a little salsa.

Secondly, I get something like separation anxiety when I haven't touched my computer (for creative work, not just checking email) and camera for stretches of time longer than 3 days. Finding a comfortable set-up finally seems to have helped. I built a wall in bed last night and I am not totally ashamed of it.

halfway house
halfway house © Laura Kicey. All Rights Reserved.

The constructs continue to be a comfort when I am too compromised to go for a photo-adventure or too wilted to turn the camera on myself. I'm itching to write (and m face is itchy but that is just one o' them side effects) but I doubt this is the ideal time to do so as I don't do much but soak in the tub and watch Law & Order CI/SVU while sitting on a fluffy tuffet. I'm still trying to figure out what I can manage for day-to-day living so the bigger excursions are few yet. Bear with me.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger addie said...

you should have models come over to your house. i volunteer (and i come with soup).

3:54 PM, October 24, 2007  
Blogger helveticaneue said...

good idea in theory, but house is very messy... the cat hair is approaching knee-deep. I do like soup though. hmm. I will keep this in mind.

4:02 PM, October 24, 2007  
Blogger kyuboem said...

I'm checking in here from time to time. Hang in there, Laura.

10:42 AM, October 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home