Sunday, September 10, 2006

the day before

shift
shift © Laura Kicey

I was going through my blog visitors log and noticed someone from Australia, the date of their visit was September 11th. Our today is still the 10th. September has all rather crept up on me. This week especially, with all the things it marks both personally and on an enormous scale.

I remember five years ago tomorrow, the day before my 24th birthday, I decided I would go into my then-place of work at the crack of dawn. So I got on the bus in Nutley, NJ around 6.30am and was in Midtown Manhattan bit after 7am. I was plannning on printing pieces for my portfolio so I could go look for a new job elsewhere, I was very unhappy there. I wanted to change my life, starting that day. How things did change.

Somewhere it is already tomorrow. I remember.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must 'fess up, the Aussie visitor was me! I've been visiting your wonderful pics for a while. I think you write so candidly and creatively too- I have no talent with words, so shied away from making any comment. Anyway, I too exhibit my work occasionally, and am riveted and relate to your stresses and woes and elations running up to the big day. I really wish you all the best for your exhibition, your works are ace, it will be amazing.

6:21 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger helveticaneue said...

oooh! I'm always so pleased when people 'come formward'. Thanks so much for reading and looking and saying such lovely things too. All those from down under are welcome on the flipside any time!

Looking at your blog, I think I've seen your work somewhere before and it is going to drive me nuts until I think of where.... really beautiful all of it, like being caught in a gorgeous breeze, with all your exquisite bokeh.

7:55 PM, September 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home