Wednesday, July 12, 2006

the cure

picture the cure logo

It isn't often that I make so much as a peep about design on this here phlog, but this is sort of tangentially photography related. Gail and Irina have been organizing a silent auction of photography benefitting the Canadian Cancer Society. I know some Canadians read this blog... so a little plug wouldn't hurt. Their designer backed out at the last minute and left them logoless. Which is where I came in today. Alas, I had a fight with my font management software and everything I really wanted to use was not to be. So. Garamond. Meh. And my preliminary film strip drawing. I can do better Gail! And I will. (Edited to add final logo, which hah! uses garamond anyway)

I also intend to have a piece up for auction.

http://picturethecure.ca/

They are also in the process of obtaining prizes for draws and such, so if you have an idea of a photography or art-related company or merchandisers they can pitch for freebies in the name of charity, that would be helpful, too!

Picture the Cure 2006
August 21 (Monday)
6pm-midnight
The Gladstone Hotel
1214 Queen Street West
Toronto

Advance tickets: $10
At the door: $15

info@picturethecure.ca

.......

Meanwhile I got a cameraphone and between working on the logo and playing with the new phone, I did not take the photo I had in mind tonight. So instead you get this:

mobilization
mobilization © Laura Kicey

Shudder. Sorry. I won't do that often.
Ok, I am dizzy for no apparent reason, signal for bedtime!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gail at Large said...

YIPPEE! Looking good and thanks for the plug!

4:52 AM, July 12, 2006  
Blogger Ririnette said...

Ooooh, sweeeet!! Awesome look, I didn't know you could make a film strip look so sexy. You're the best!

7:25 AM, July 12, 2006  
Blogger helveticaneue said...

aw, I'm glad you're pleased. I just wish I could beat the sense into Xtensis Suitcase. grumble grumble.

1:31 PM, July 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home