Tuesday, January 03, 2006

turnover

It seems an appropriate time to do a year in review sort of song and dance. I've made a sort of resolution, but it started months ago, and it wasn't so much resolution as conscious decision I am acting on and I haven't spoke of it. New Year's resolutions are a load of bollocks, I prefer to be decisive any way.

out with the old and in with the new
out with the old and in with the new © Laura Kicey

I met hordes of people this year. More than I've met in all the years since college combined....which is going on six years now.

cheese
cheese © Laura Kicey

I've lost and found, learned and forgotten. No shortage of dramas I could have done without. The friends I had, I drew closer, the new ones have left a indelible impression.

shivers
shivers © Laura Kicey

I've explored a state I always thought had little to offer... I couldn't have asked for a better navigator.

fluids
fluids © Laura Kicey

When I went to Vancouver, back in August, I discovered more than just a city... something in me opened all the way.

amphibious
amphibious © Laura Kicey

Everyday I had my eyes open. I never knew what that was like, really, until this year.

won't soon forget
won't soon forget © Laura Kicey

Right now, my heat isn't on for some reason, I'm freezing. My upstairs neighbors are screaming at the top of their lungs at a football game. I don't feel terribly different, aside from the goosebumps.

the meese
the meese © Laura Kicey

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachael said...

You use your words wisely, and I like to read them.

11:45 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger Michael K. said...

Hey sis,

Whoa! That was a big shot of dewy-eyed romanticism! If you ever need a relief from taking yourself real seriously, you should check out my blog for some handy tips!

The sempiternal ass,
Your brother

1:22 AM, January 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home