Wednesday, August 17, 2011

the people's choice

Dyrhólaey rock
dyrhólaey rock © Laura Kicey


Hello my dears. In the eleventh hour before setting off to Iceland for a second time I entered my first Iceland book blindhæðir in Blurb’s PBN contest and I was just told I was nominated for a People’s Choice Award. That means I am open for voting in the Travel category - you will have to scroll down and look for it (or search laura kicey), and it does require email registration in order to cast a vote, I apologize, though if you have Blurb account already, you are set.

That link again:
http://photographybooknow.blurb.com/peoples-choice/category/travel

steamy swedish babe I
steamy swedish babe © Laura Kicey

I also invite you to share this post if you are so moved. I am vying for a $1,500 prize, which I promise to put to good use (likely making the second Iceland book which I’ve started writing). It is a good feeling, whether I win or lose, that my book was selected by a very impressive group of judges to be on the Travel shortlist of 110 entries.

tanked
tanked © Laura Kicey

Many thanks for your time and I hope you enjoy the preview of the book even if you choose not to vote. Takk fyrir!

bareback
bareback © Laura Kicey

If you want to see a nice edit of my latest Iceland expedition, which includes some of the images I've put in this post you can check it out on my website here

Also for fun, there is this, the first two unbridged rivers I crossed in Iceland... out of a total of 26 river crossings that day...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home