Wednesday, April 29, 2009

kickstarter

As an amendment to the last posting, because Etsy banned the sponsorship idea, I have found a new and WAY better venue. I just discovered it yesterday by way of my friend and talented artist/businesswoman Linda Plaisted: It is call Kickstarter.com

Essentially it is exactly what the doctor ordered: a program for artists and other creatives to pitch their ideas for projects that they cannot execute without backing. They create a presentation on their idea, if there are rewards for people who pledge towards the goal, they can be detailed, update photos and videos can be posted on progress and backers and project managers can be contacted. All payments go through Amazon payments with a credit card payment, which is connected to my bank account - like paypal. Nothing but a username you choose is ever seen by me and the amount you pledge. If you want a print, I will need a mailing address, if not, you may remain anonymous.

If you are interested but have questions PLEASE do not hesitate to contact me at but you can read about it in more detail on my kickstarter sponsorship project page!


EDIT 8-29-09: I NO LONGER HAVE KICKSTARTER INVITES AVAILABLE SO CALL OFF THE SEARCH PARTY - THANKS! LOVE, MANAGEMENT
I have already gotten 16 sponsors (!!!) by way of my own horn tooting and kickstarter combined. I cannot thank those who have supported me enough and cannot wait to get my butt on a plane this June. Can I please just fast-forward?
EDIT 8-29-09: I NO LONGER HAVE KICKSTARTER INVITES AVAILABLE SO CALL OFF THE SEARCH PARTY - THANKS! LOVE, MANAGEMENT

NOTE: kickstarter.com is a by-invite-only program, so far. if you have a great, creative project in mind, try asking other kickstarter participants if they have some invites left they might be willing to share or go here and ask nicely!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous mikehedge.com said...

kickstarter invite?

Mike

12:39 AM, May 02, 2009  
Anonymous fiazio said...

Yes, how do we go with getting an invite ?

2:06 AM, September 06, 2009  
Blogger helveticaneue said...

fiazio - I've written about my best insights in this entry, otherwise, I have no other ideas.

1:13 PM, September 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home