Tuesday, June 17, 2008

the final word

Undoubtedly I ought to be packing, hydrating or something, anything, less pressing than blogging. Alternating terror and excitement are preventing me from doing much besides watch reruns of Law & Order. I like plans, certainty, accurate foresight... and there is some gray area before me, stretching out for two weeks.

My pre-surgical weekend sendoff started with an art fag extravaganza tinted with dairy overtones: double header Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with Jesus Christ Super Star, pierogies and the groundwork for the latest construct:

psalm
psalm © Laura Kicey. All Rights Reserved.

Much fringe, clashing typography and cheese ensued.

hunger strike
hunger strike © Laura Kicey. All Rights Reserved.

Friends from collegiate days held their annual mega-birthday bash at R.U.B.A Hall. This year's theme, history, brought out the creativity in us all. The Girl with No Sewing Skills came as The Girl with a Pearl Earring.

near vermeer
near vemeer © Laura Kicey. All Rights Reserved.


ground control
ground control © Laura Kicey. All Rights Reserved.

paul(ette) stanley
paul(ette) stanley © Laura Kicey. All Rights Reserved.

frida's prayers answered
frida's prayers answered © Laura Kicey. All Rights Reserved.

The following day, Michael and I decided that the decent weather called for some afternoon outdoorsyness, so we headed to the Shawmont Towpath to visit the Waterworks, hoping it was still intact. And it was. We crowned the day with some Nerdy Nature Photography.

on the head
on the head © Laura Kicey. All Rights Reserved.

All of this peppered with intermittent freak outs and zone outs, imagining what sort of shape I would be in a week from any given moment. Aligning all the pieces, writing up the lists, eating twigs and berries, downing pint after pint of water, mentally folding heaps of comfortable clothes, stockpiling high fiber ingredients... here am I hours away in a relative calm. Tomorrow some of my people will come by the hospital to visit me, while I click away at my magic morphine button, hoping I feel nothing but giddy... that part I am looking forward to...
I've finished with all the distractions I had accumulated for today including entering this contest over at Artists Wanted (hey why don't you drop on by and rate my portfolio, bump me upwards in the judge's eyes, no need to register!) and now I am left with heavy eyelids and empty bags. I'm off to my closet... wish me luck.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home